You either love the Black thorn for its delicate flowers and intoxicating scent, or hate it for the numerous thorns and invasive nature.
- Very thorny, indigenous small shrub or tree
- Rounded or spreading flat crown and can reach a height of 7 – 9 m
- Sweet smelling, creamy white flowers in spring, before the tree comes into leaf
- Light to dark grey fissured bark
- Important food source for wild and domestic animals
- Spreads quickly and forms impenetrable thickets in overgrazed areas
- Drought resistant